Thursday, January 29, 2009

Funky Connection

Hi you all. I have a rather temperamental internet connection. Maybe if I ponied up and quit scooping free internet access from the neighbors I'd be able to post more often. Not that there has been a lot of interesting things to blog about lately. Winter time is computer time. I've been spending more and more time in my office and the YeeHaw! moments I love to share with you have more to do with plans than plants. Any bureaucrats out there should feel free to email me for the stunning highlights. And I do mean stunning.

Today Tim and Meredith from the Tamarisk Coalition broke up the tedium of my winter office humdrum. They brought some folks to check out Watson Island for good planting sites. There will be a big push this spring to revegetate Watson Island. There was a heck of a lot of russian olive removed this past fall. There is more being removed along with the tamarisk over the winter. If you haven't been to Watson Island lately it is worth the trip. It is transformed. Anyway, it got me out of the office. And here is the picture to prove it.


It was good to get out even if it was cold. If you squint and look REAL hard at that black dot at the center island you'll see a gorgeous blue heron. Seriously, I've got to get a real camera.

No comments: