Saturday, January 10, 2009

Greenhouse Beauties

I'm certain that you will be wondering just exactly what you are supposed to be admiring in the photo below. The lovely green foliage? The tips of the fan palm perhaps? Maybe the fact that the sunshade is partway open. This photo is a reminder to me, and you, that the clarendendrom (aka glory bower) is about to explode into flower. And I do mean explode. While the flowers of this particular clerendendrom do not have a discernible scent, the flowers are really cool. They look like fireworks. I saw the buds today which means the flowers will be opening next week. As I remember from last year they stay open for a few weeks but don't wait until the last minute. Visit these beauties soon.


Another plant miracle. This cute pinky flower is from our coral vine (antigonon leptopsis, doesn't that sound like the name of a stuffy, British butterfly expert?) It died last year and I thought that was the end of it. We never got around to pulling up the "dead" root. And here it is. Not only growing but blooming. And yes, a little out of focus. But if you come in and see it in person you can adjust the focus anyway you like.


No comments: