Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanks!

We all had yesterday off to enjoy Thanksgiving. I found myself thinking about all I had to be thankful for. This is something I don't always take the time to do and there I was with a whole day to do it. I started off with the obvious, a roof over my head, food to eat, friends and family who love me and who I love in return. An incredible job.

That last one lead me to reflect on just how much has happened in the almost year and a half that I've been at the Gardens. I started making a thank you list, a list of everyone who has helped out at the Gardens in order to post it here. I tried to think back to that hot July day when I first walked through the Gardens. I tried thinking about what was happening last year at this time. I though about last week. What continually amazes and delights me is how willing people are to help. The list of folks I want to thank is immense and I know I've probably forgotten someone . I also know there are people out there who are doing things to help that I don't even know about. So as far as posting a thank you list, I can't. But what I can do is say "Thank you". Thank you to everyone who has helped out at the Gardens in whatever way you have. It doesn't matter if what you did was pick up a piece of trash or donate thousands of dollars. You have shown your faith in the Gardens and what we are doing here. And I appreciate it.

No comments: