Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Buzzz

There are a bazillion bees in the cactus gardens and I tried to get a picture of them.


Yeah, I don't see 'em either. I think they are solitary bees although their behavior was anything but solitary. Were they fighting or loving? Hard to tell. I'd like to leave them to do their bee stuff but unfortunately I think Garden visitors may not understand that the bees don't really care about them. A lot of people are afraid of bees so I'm afraid they will have to go. I hope they can be relocated. I'll called out to the Extension and Bob will be coming out next week and he'll figure out what to do.

Yesterday was a day of meetings. It is so hard to take time out to be inside doing admin stuff when there is so much to do in the meetings. I've got to admit, they were really productive. It is really exciting making plans for the future.

I was really pleased that Sharon and Max helped out today. The little trees that Bennett brought from the Arbor Day event got planted in the ground. They outgrew their pots about two weeks ago. Now we have a tiny little tree farm to the east of the greenhouse. The front lawn got fertilized and hopefully will be looking better for the big opening of Celebration Plaza on Tuesday.

Saturday is a fund raiser for one of the employees at Munro Pump who has cancer. Munro Pump has been really good to us so I encourage you to come out to the Gardens support them. Saturday night, 7pm. Flat Top Reed is playing. It should be a good time. Hope to see you there!

No comments: