Sunday, July 6, 2008

More River Pix

I was cleaning the filters on the river pump this morning and couldn't resist taking a couple of pictures of the river. It is really going down. The bank by the pump has changed. It will be steeper getting down the bank to the foot valve later on this summer. Change is inevitable.



Having itchy feet I've always marveled at the fact that this water that I see right here in front of me will make the journey all the way to California and out to the ocean and off to who knows where. When I graduated from high school I shook the dust off my shoes vowing not to ever return to Grand Junction and well, here I am. It is said that there is an Indian curse that will force you to return unless you take some dirt from the valley with you. I imagine what happened to me was more like the drop of water that flows to the ocean only to be pulled back into the clouds and returned as part of a spring shower.

No comments: