Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cacti

Donna and Kathleen did some fabulous work on the cacti today just look.

Sometimes it pays to be the runt. Take a gander at this banana yucca. Mama and one pup were unceremoniously removed but the one left behind looks just great.




So, I hear that the Chinle Cactus and Succulent Club is the only group that espaliers their cacti. I'm so glad they do. Isn't this cholla beautiful?


OK. It just cracked me up that we have cholla, crabapple and that awful fragmites all within 10 feet of each other. I didn't intend for the telephone pole to be the focus but I find it poetic with its upright manner and symetrical crossbar, let alone the fact that it isn't underground yet: we still have our utilities sprouting up on poles.



On the non-pictorial side I learned an awful lot about the greenhouse today from Scott. I won't bore you with the details but you'll notice the happy butterflies and blooming plants in the greenhouse.

The other exciting thing is Niki's plan for our holiday decorations. I know you may be thinking it is a little early but she has been working on them since September. It promises to be a really nice display. You'll see, in December, but you'll see. ;)

No comments: