Friday, October 10, 2008

Out of the Office

"Where have I been?" you are asking. Well, Kenton and I took off for Denver yesterday. With the new garden there is plenty afoot. The trip started out well enough. Then was the flat tire in Glenwood Canyon. A C-DOT truck showed up in about 5 minutes. It seems like there are cameras all along the interstate there in the canyon. Kinda creepy but I was sure happy to see him show up. I got a great picture of the back of his head and one of Kenton changing the tire. Of course I forgot the cable so you'll just have to wait.

We met with Dan Johnson and Ebi Kondo, native plant guy and Japanese Garden guy respectively. They spent all morning with us.

As if that weren't enough, we spent the afternoon with Kelly Grummonds from Timberline Nursery. He spent all afternoon with us.

I am amazed and delighted at how many people, really important and smart people, there are in the world who want to help our little garden.

I need to let everything settle a little bit before I tell you about all the amazing things we learned today. I think my brain is about to explode so if you see me walking around with duct tape encircling my head you'll know what happened.


No comments: