Monday, April 7, 2008

Call Me Fishmeal

I forgot to mention on Friday that yesterday, the first Sunday of the month was free Sunday. Free Sunday meaning the admission is free. It doesn't mean that you are free to dig up plants out of the gardens, got it? Good.

Today was really rainy. It was wonderful. I'd wished I'd been able to transplant a few more plants but the ground will be easy to dig tomorrow and I'll pick up the first batch of fish meal tomorrow as well. I'm constantly amazed at how things are coming together. I've been worried because the quality of soil at the gardens is awful and I wasn't sure where I was going to get the organic matter to amend the soil. I have a source for horse manure but it requires coordination of a trailer and some folks to help unload it once it is here. The fish meal I can pick up in a bucket which is much easier. Anyway, Richard and Tyler were able to get some good work done in the greenhouses and Lloyd hung the security mirror in the gift store and lugged the rock out of the ponds so I can hopefully fix them tomorrow.

Jo-An was in today working on the mural for the gift store. It isn't quite done but here is what it looks like so far.

No comments: