Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wednesday


Look! The first iris of the season coyly hiding in the front bed.


I'm not 100% sure what to do with this little tree. All I know is that it needs help.

I need to dig down a little deeper. This can't possibly be two trees planted too close together, could it?

Today was a little of everything. A little greenhouse, a little outside, a little irrigation, a little volunteer coordination, a little volunteer supervision, a little beaver removal, a little email, a little gift store, a little trash removal.

So Rick came back today to check the trap he set for the beaver yesterday and he caught it. Unfortunately the beaver died in the trap. He says the beaver was older and maybe that contributed to it. He also said that it was a pretty rare thing, 1 or 2 in every hundred traps he sets. The beaver was pretty amazing even in death. Looking at its teeth I could imagine how it would feel if it bit me. I know, I know. The logical part of my mind knows that there was no way I was going to get bit but I still was a little leery of it all the same. What can I say. Every now and then I have a girly moment.

No comments: