Sunday, May 18, 2008

More Irrigation Irritation

No pictures today. I spent the better part of the day troubleshooting the irrigation in the amphitheater. Dan from Munro pumps came down and looked at the impeller, the last thing to check before ruling out the pump as the problem. The pump is no problem. However, someone turned off the electricity to the controller and that was a problem. Also, the programs were kind of screwy and then the all the zones came on at once and also zone two wouldn't ever turn off while the rest of the zones were running. Grrr. I was cussing out the so and so who changed my programming and all kinds of things. When I got home I looked up on rain bird's site to see if they had any help. It seems like maybe I just need to "reboot" the controller. Unplug it, take out the battery and the fuse and let it sit for a minute or so and then start all over. I'll try that in the morning. I sure hope it works.

Paul and I transplanted a witch hazel a couple of weeks ago and it has been looking droopy so I thought I'd do a little research on it. It looks like it is probably in transplant shock and will perk up soon. However I found this little tidbit on the Floridata website:

WARNING
If you bring flowering witchhazel branches indoors, be careful to remove the seed capsules from the previous year. Otherwise, the warm indoor air will cause them to split open with alarming popping noises and spew seeds out across the room.

Doesn't that sound great? I so want to try it!


No comments: